> KEY FACTS
• Founded: 1810
• Employees: Approximately 18,100
• Headquarters: Hartford, Connecticut
• The Hartford serves more than one million small businesses.
• Sells products primarily through a network of independent agents and brokers.
> OUR HISTORY
• Babe Ruth purchased a policy from The Hartford in 1920 for protection against disability.
• The Hartford’s trademark logo echoes the majestic stag depicted in Sir Edwin Landseer’s 1851 painting Monarch of the Glen.
• The Hartford provided insurance for the only home Abraham Lincoln ever owned.
• Since 1947, more than 112 million children have been deputized as part of the company’s Junior Fire Marshal® program – one of the oldest corporate-sponsored public education programs in the country.
• The Golden Gate Bridge opened in 1937. Construction of the bridge was bonded by The Hartford
• Workers’ Compensation
• General Liability
• Management & Professional Liability
• Umbrella & Excess